Just a few social guidelines so things run smoothly.
Social Forum Guidelines
Borrowed from the original Bike! Bike! Southeast! in Atlanta hosted by Sopo.
1. Respect each other.
2. Practice timely attendance.
3. Actively listen when others are talking.
4. Speak from your own experience instead of generalizing (“I” instead of “they,” “we,” and “you”).
5. Do not be afraid to respectfully challenge one another by asking questions, but refrain from personal attacks — focus on ideas.
6. Participate to the fullest of your ability — community growth depends on the inclusions of every individual voice.
7. The goal is not necessarily to agree — it is about hearing and exploring divergent perspectives.
8. Be conscious of body language and nonverbal responses — they can be as disrespectful as words.
9. Keep this a safe space, an open and respectful forum.
To ensure that everyone has a positive experience, we have a few ground rules for both hosts and guests.
1. Please bring everything you need to be comfortable including sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, and snacks.
2. You will be given contact information for your host when you arrive. Be sure everyone in your group has it.
3. Respect the house by leaving it in better condition than you arrived. If you break or use something, plan to replace it.
4. Please do not bring people back to your host house without permission.
5. Consider bringing a small gift to thank your host.
6. Talk to your host daily about your schedules and how/when you will get into the house.
7. The host reserves the right to kick you out if you break house rules.